English Mastery Primary 1
English Mastery for Primary 1 is designed to build your child's foundation for the English Language. During these weekly 2-hour lessons, your child will learn to:
- Read and identify the differences in Phonics, which allows them to recognise the words more effectively through various interesting themes.
- Write accurately using knowledge of the Phonic elements.
- Recognise and increase their personal vocabulary work bank and master the corresponding sounds of various digraphs.
- Use basic common punctuation like commas and full stops.
- Construct complete sentences in the right tense.
- Introduction to the K.W.L. (Know, Want to know, Learnt) method for effective reflection on any type of text.
- Read, write, speak and listen through the STELLAR method.
Your child will be taught new strategies and put them to use with in-house curriculum crafted by our team of experienced teachers. These strategies are designed to complement the MOE syllabus and enhance students' learning.
Our students will learn to apply these newly acquired strategies through 4 phases:
- Demonstrate – Teacher do
- Guided discovery – We do (teacher and students)
- Collaboration – Students do (group)
- Self-practice – You do