English Mastery Primary 3
English Mastery for Primary 3 is designed to develop your child’s writing and representing skills. During these weekly 2-hour lessons, your child will learn to:
- Identify the main gist and main idea of the article/passage.
- Learn to make predictions through contextual clues
- Use discussion ideas and prior knowledge to better understand the text
- Make a connection between text and personal experience
- Ask a question at different levels
- Identify sequence details in a passage
- Produce and select appropriate ideas for writing and representing
- Recognise and increase their personal vocabulary work bank and master the corresponding sounds of various digraphs.
Your child will be taught new strategies and put them to use with in-house curriculum crafted by our team of experienced teachers. These strategies are designed to complement the MOE syllabus and enhance students' learning.
Our students will learn to apply these newly acquired strategies through 4 phases:
- Demonstrate – Teacher do
- Guided discovery – We do (teacher and students)
- Collaboration – Students do (group)
- Self-practice – You do